FEAST YOUR EYES ON OUR SUPERFOOD GLOSSARY! let's learn what healthy tastes like, together.
This antioxidant rich fruit is found in the rain forests of the Amazon. Cool, right? This purplish berry is rich in anthocyanins, up to 30 times more than red wine! Thanks to this, acai can help reduce inflammation and even slow down aging by scavenging free radicals, and helping every organ system become more resilient. Fun Facts: Acai is known to give your skin a healthy glow, boost immunity, improve focus, and combat fatigue.
+ Anchor Butter (Grass-fed Butter)
Made from the milk of 100% organic grass-fed cows in New Zealand, this butter is high in Vitamin K2, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), and true Vitamin A. CLA promotes superior heart health, reduces belly fat, is anti-carcinogenic (no thank you, cancer), and anti-inflammatory.
One of the most vital Indian herbs in Ayurvedic healing. Ashwagandha contains many useful natural medicinal chemicals, including withanolides, steroidal lactones, alkaloids, choline, fatty acids, amino acids, and a variety of sugars. It also combats the effects of stress, improves learning, memory, and reaction time, reduces anxiety and depression, stabilizes blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces brain-cell degeneration, and offers anti-inflammatory benefits. Sign us up!
Tropical fruit, yo. Great source of potassium essential for good blood pressure and heart function. Digestion benefits, of course. Great boost of energy, oh ya.
Bow down to the king of herbs! Basil is native to Indian and other tropical Asian regions. Essential oils found in Basil contain anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Not to mention the high levels of Vitamin A which aids in good vision. Fabulous source of iron. P.S. 26% of your recommended daily amount can be found in every 100g of fresh basil.
+ BEE POLLEN
First, this gem is locally sourced. It contains nearly all nutrients required by humans, and considered one of natures most completely nourishing foods! Pollen is a remedy for hay fever and allergies. It's also known to stimulate ovarian function in addition to cold and flu prevention. Richer in protein than any other animal source, bee polen also normalizes blood-serum cholesterol levels.
Vegetable root horray! Excellent source of Fiber, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Folate, Potassium, Manganese, and Amino Acids. Consuming beets may lead to reduced risk of developing chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases. The minerals in beets help prevent anemia, maintain muscle and nerve function, regulate heart rate and blood sugar levels, promote a healthy metabolism and an overall healthy immune system. So many wins, we just can't even pick.
+ BEET GREENS
Promote healthy skin and don't you forget it!
Shrub fruit native to North America that posses an antioxidant that is anti-inflammatory and keeps the elasticity of capillary walls.
Aid in vision AND anti-bacterial too!
+ Bone broth (Activated Broth)
Bone broth is serious business, and trending for a good reason. Our broth is based on techniques of our ancestors in which broth would be slowly simmered all day long, often up to 3 days in order to extract as much nutrients out of the bones as possible; we're talkin' vitamins, minerals, and an array of amino acids making up collagen protein thats good for our joints and our digestive tract. Hi-Vibe's activated broth base is sourced from Arizona Grass-Raised Beef where the cows are rotationally grazed, and feeding on organic green grasses all year round. This is a winning combo with the pasture-raised organic chicken broth we combine it with. We activate the broth by adding turmeric, black pepper extract (to increase the turmeric bio-availability), fresh ginger, lime, and coconut cream. Other classic ingredients include all organic carrot, celery, onion, parsley, apple cider vinegar, and peppercorns. You can think of our activated broth as a sippable soup, great for on the go, encouraging a healthy immune system, healthy skin, hair, and joints, greater muscle and join recovery and repair, and a stronger digestive system. Go to our blog post called Bone Broth Revolution to learn more.**
+ CACAO BUTTER
Bulletproof brand cacao butter is made from a high-altitude, low-toxin, high-antioxidant cacao bean that is crushed into a smooth "butter." It's know to reduce inflammation and enhance cardiovascular health, sexy!
+ Cacao nibs (Cocoa nibs)
These little bits of seeds are produced by the Cacao tree. High antioxidants and flavonoids, essential fatty acids, calcium, protein, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium and sulfur. The naturally occurring phytochemicals that are produced when eating raw cacao help lower LDL cholesterol, improve heart function, and reduce cancer risk, stress levels, and inflammation. Did we lose you yet? Cacao/cocoa effects your emotions and mood by raising serotonin levels and promoting relaxation. Studies suggest that cacao is more beneficial to health than teas and red wine. Make it rain cacao we say!
+ Cacao Shaman Blend
AKA Cacao Elixer from Maui, Hawaii. This contains Arriba cacao powder, Lucuma, Mesquite, Maca, Hemp Protein, Chlorella, Spirulina and Ashwagandha (find these ingredients below yo!).
+ CAMU CAMU
A small fruit from the Amazon rain forest, often dried and ground into a powder for culinary use and supplements. It contains more Vitamin C than any food on the planet. Seriously. Extremely high in antioxidants. Antiviral. Oh and it stabilizes moods, so it's good for depression. Protects against liver disorders and liver cancer. Camu Camu upports optimal function of nervous system. Make this your new best friend, ya hear?
Root vegetable, we know you're familiar. Carrots help balance blood sugar levels and are rich with biotin (skin), potassium (muscles/blood pressure) and calcium (bones). They also contain Vitamin A, which is important for maintaining good eye health.
A hot chili pepper often dried and ground to a powdered form.
Rich in Capsaicin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, E, Potassium, Manganese, Antioxidants and Flavonoids. The health benefits of cayenne pepper include pain relief, improved circulation, migraine headache prevention, breaking up and moving congested mucus in the body, relief of allergies, digestion, relieves intestinal gas, neutralize acidity in the body, reduces blood clots, and provide the body with incredible detox support. So many spicy reasons to be happy!
A European herb that increases metabolism, reduces blood pressure and boost libido. Also a great source of Vitamin K! #vibes
Medicinal mushroom found on the trunk of birch trees, bet you didn't know that one! It has been used for 500 years all over the world for its healing abilities. Chaga is completely safe for regular use, often drank as a tea. Most widely known and tested for its betulinic acid content which inhibits tumor growth and kills tumor cells/tissue. Other reasons to hang this in the fall of fame?
- Dissolves kidney stones.
- Effective at preventing cancer, hormonal imbalances, immune disorders, ulcers - and more!
We use the superior brand called Arctic Chaga.
Fresh water algae plant, how about that! Potent source of B-12, B-1, B-2, folic acid, high concentrations of iron, and Vitamins C and K.
Its molecular structure allows it to bond to metals, chemicals, and some pesticides making it incredibly detoxifying. Chlorella also improves digestion and constipation, increases energy, balances PH, normalizes blood sugar, reduces cancer risk, and contains Astaxanthin- shown to protect the skin and eyes against Ultraviolet radiation.
- Anti-Anxiety effects
- Digestive system benefits
The seed of a coconut palm tree is “The Tree of Life.” Source of magnesium and calcium; both important for a health bones, muscles, and joints. Supports the immune system! Oh and coconut contains good fat that the body changes into energy - BOOM.
+ COCONUT BUTTER
Made from coconut meat that is ground into a smooth butter-like consistency with no sugar added. This butter is high in Lauric Acid, which is important for healthy brain function. A great source of magnesium and calcium; both important for a health bones, muscles, and joints! It supports the immune system and also contains good fats, Medium Chain Triglycerides or MCT, that the body easily converts into energy.
+ COCONUT WATER
Found inside young green coconuts! Earth's natural sports drink; great source of electrolytes that hydrate the body. Did you know that coconut water prrevents cramps and muscle spasms?
+ COLLAGEN PROTEIN
Bulletproof brand collagen is a tasteless, odorless, highly available protein powder from 100% pasture-raised cows. The protein is FDA certified as GRAS. Benefits include tissue repair of the skin, cartilage and bone. Last but not least, collage protein facilitates the synthesis of creatine in the body and helps repair lining of the stomach + intestines.
A forever favortie. This tropical plant belonging to the same botanical family as melons contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Roughly 96% of a cucumber is made of naturally distilled water and full of alkaline-forming minerals which helps balance the bodies PH!
100% Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA for short), is an edible freshwater plant. This nutrient dense superfood has over 65 vitamins and minerals, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. AFA is a rich source of chlorophyll. This freshwater plant can lift and balance the mood to reduce stress, increase mental focus and concentration, plus help you grow healthier skin, nails and hair. It also promotes intestinal health which leads to better digestion.
Ghee is essentially brown butter oil. The milk solids and proteins in butter (known as lactose and casein), are removed during the cooking process used to make ghee. That means nearly everyone, but the absolute most sensitive individuals, can enjoy the benefits of ghee in their diet without concern for lactose or casein-intolerances. Yay! Let's have a ghee party! But wait...is butter even good for us? Hi-Vibe sources our ghee from cows raised entirely on pasture, soaking up Vitamin D and green grasses. Thanks to pasture-raised cow butter, we can receive Vitamin A, K2, and even some Omega-3’s in the butter, all of which are virtually absent in conventional butter or ghee. Ghee has a higher heat tolerance than butter, because the solids have been removed, which makes this a superior cooking oil resistant to free radicals.
This plant root is praised for its medicinal and culinary properties, ginger rocks! A good source of Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, and Manganese is also known as a renowned healing agent since before the middle ages. It is proven to promote the release of intestinal gas, settle upset stomachs, relieve vomiting, and prevent nausea. Ginger increases circulation, and reduces side effects associated with chemotherapy. It has also been proven to protect against osteoarthritis pain, and several cancers.
A Citrus fruit from Barbados that's a cross between an orange and a pomelo! Grapefruit is known to increase our metabolism. It also contains salicylic acid which helps the break down of the body’s inorganic calcium buildup. The other highlights? It's antioxidant-rich and normalizes cholesterol levels!
+ GREEN APPLE
Did you know that the soluble fiber found in green apples may make you feel full longer, aiding in weight loss? They have higher potassium levels than other apples, regulate blood sugar and keep skin glowing.
+ GREEN COFFEE
Organic, raw coffee beans that are not roasted like traditional coffee, rather ground into a fine powder that is easily added to smoothies. Contains the same amount of caffeine as green tea! Boo-yah.
+ HEMP HEARTS (HEMP SEEDS)
These are small seeds with a very mild, and nutty taste! Essential fatty acids, antioxidants, protein, fiber, chlorophyll and a complete, balanced gluten-free source of amino acids. Hemp hearts aid in repair and growth of lean body mass, enhance the immune system, combat fatigue, and protect kidney function.
This gluten-free protein is produced from whole hemp seeds. It aids in the repair and growth of lean body mass, enhances the immune system, and has an above-average digestibility. Hemp protein has immune enhancing properties, along with anti-fatigue and kidney protection. So many benefits!
+HI-VIBE Granola (okay, we have to brag!)
Our house-made granola is raw, vegan, grain-free, and paleo. The taste is what you expect from a crunchy granola, but it trumps anything on the market with these HI-VIBE ingredients!
The skinny: Sprouted almonds, sprouted sunflower seed kernels, sprouted pumpkin seed kernels, unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut sugar, vanilla, raw cacao, maca, lucuma, mucuna, mesquite, hemp, spirulina, chlorella, ashwagandha, cinnamon and sea salt.
A type of spicy chili pepper native to Mexico that acts as a natural fat burner and also boosts metabolism. Contains Vitacmin C, is a great digestive aid. Fun fact: Jalapenos relieve congestion and reduce headaches!
- Kale is one of the healthiest foods grown in the world! It has astounding Vitamin K levels, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Antioxidants, Iron, Protein, Calcium, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and Potassium.
- Studies show that phytonutrients in kale aid in DNA cell repair, slow growth of cancer cells, protect against cancers such as prostate and colon, prevent autoimmune diseases, and protects the eyes from macular degeneration.
- Kale is perfect for detoxifying the body, and has many anti-inflammatory capabilities which can help prevent and even reverse conditions like arthritis and heart disease. The important omega-3 to omega-6 ration help keep cholesterol levels in the normal range, and protect the body of harmful free radicals.
Keto, pronounced Key-toe, is short for Ketosis. This is a state of fat burning that is achieved by lowering carbohydrates, and feeding the body foods that encourage fat-loss. Many athletes, dieters, and even people battling cognitive dysfunction are using a Keto diet to reach their performance goals. A popular menu item at Hi-Vibe called The Keto Acai Bowl is a welcome way to feed the common sweet tooth, without the excess carbs. We’ve achieved this by blending the frozen acai berry with house-cracked coconut meat, silky avocado, keto-supportive Brain Octane Oil, and a touch of stevia. This is one acai bowl that stands apart from the rest.
This alkalizing citrus fruit native to Asia. It's detoxifying, anit-bacterial and high in Vitamin C.
Lime is a true gift! It improves digestion, relieves nausea and is a great source of Vitamin C and fiber. This fruit can also reduce fevers and does wonders for the skin when consumed orally. Limes also hold antibiotic and disinfectant properties.
Lucuma is a fruit better known as the “Gold of the Incas” due to its orange and yellow flesh. When made into a powder, it is a low-glycemic sweeetener! It contains beta-carotene, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamin B3, calcium and protein. The vitamins and minerals in lucuma powder help keep bones and teeth strong, and assist in protein formation, digestion, and hormone balance. Lucuma powder is safe for diabetics.
The root of a Peruvian plant belonging to the radish family. It is often ground into a powder to use in cooking. Maca contains a large amount of essential amino acids, high levels of iron and calcium, B6, potassium, manganese, and Vitamin C. It is used to treat many common issues in the body such as anemia, chronic fatigue syndrome, low stamina, poor memory, and fertility. Maca helps to balance hormones, boost libido, and increase energy!
Ceremonial grade green tea grown in ways that increase cholorphyll and trigger higher levels of amino acids like L-theanine. L-theanine is to thank for the relaxed alertness, and anti-anxiety effects of matcha. This finely ground green tea is rich in EGCG, a compound known to activate detoxification enzymes and protect cells from premature aging or disease. Matcha helps us burn fat, balance our blood sugar, and find emotional balance.
+ MCT Oil (Navitas Brand)
Here we go! 8-carbon medium-chain-triglycerides that are sustainably sourced from Coconut Oil. Navitas was the first organic MCT oil available on the market - so of course we had to have it! It's 18x stronger than Coconut Oil for cognitive function and performance, and converts to energy faster than any fat or oil. MCT oil is tasteless, and has a potent anti-microbial effect that brings balance to the gut yeast and bacteria. Did we mention it's good in coffee?
- A hearty plant found in the desert, the bean pods can be dried and ground into mesquite flour. This flour has a sweet, slightly nutty flavor, and does not cause spikes in blood sugar.
- Fun facts: High-Protein, Low-glycemic, gluten-free, rich in dietary fiber, and contains calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc.
An anti-bacterial ancient herb that helps relieve nasal symptoms. The menthol found in mint may also be related to its soothing abilities for upset stomachs. We love us some mint!
- A completely natural, vegan, milk created by soaking nuts, blending them, and then squeezing out the liquid. High in essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, D, Calcium, B Vitamins like iron and riboflavin and fiber.
- Drinking nut milks instead of dairy milk can help with weight management, prevent high blood pressure/heart disease, improve immune function, and your skin's health. Nut milk is low in carbohydrates, which means it won’t significantly increase your blood sugar levels, or be stored as fat. It is important to understand that soaking the nuts helps to release essential enzymes, vitamins, and minerals which would not normally be absorbed without soaking them.
A beauty of a citrus fruit rich in dietary fiber and high in Vitamin C, which aids in immune support! Oranges also promote healthy skin and good vision.
Oil from the oregano herb is a potent germ killer that also aids in pain relief and respiratory problems. It serves as an antioxidant and digestive aid. The bonus? The oil is also high in vitamin A, C, and E.
Pears are actually a member of the rose family, containing high levels of Vitamin C. A great source of fiber, half of which can be found in the skin of this fruit! Potassium on Hi.
Phat Fudge is a portable fudgy snack with all the right fats and superfood fuel. This product was created by Mary Shenouda AKA The Paleo Chef; private paleo chef & life coach to the stars. Picture the squeeze-packs athletes and runners use to sustain energy on-the-go; but instead of sugary gels filled with artificial coloring, we’ve got a rich, buttery fudge made from grass-fed butter, ground sesame seeds, cacao, coffee, and more! Mary managed to pack in an incredible lineup of anti-inflammatory spices like Turmeric & Cayenne too. From the words of the creator herself: “Each ingredient is deliberate, aiming to provide instant and sustained energy, focus, memory, combat inflammation, and acts as a natural thermogenic.” You'll find them enjoyable refrigerated like fudge, or warm, soft and gooey like peanut butter...and don't forget about Mary's innovation: Unicorn Fuel . Ask us to blend together a pack of phat fudge with your morning coffee, and Poof! Happy Unicorn.
- A tropical fiber rich fruit indigenous to South America. Pineapples contain B6, which helps stabilize the body’s blood sugar.
Fun fact: Bromelain is an enzyme which reduces inflammation that is found in this pretty ol' fruit!
- Also known as Dragon fruit; native to Central America. Not only is it beautiful, but it's packed with Antioxidants, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Calcium, Carotene and Protein, Several B Vitamins, Polyunsaturated (good) Fatty Acids, Iron, and Phosphorus.
- Overall benefits include strengthening bones and teeth, promoting healthy blood and tissue formation and strengthening the immune system.
- Pitaya can also help the body rid itself of toxic heavy metals, improve eyesight, and even lower the risk of prostate cancer.
+Pure Vanilla Bean Extract
- Made by macerating and percolating vanilla beans in a solution of alcohol and water, this extract contains several antioxidants and chemicals called vanilloids.
- It has been used for centuries as an antioxidant and cognitive enhancing agent! The natural chemicals in Vanilla are known to reduce inflammation and improve mental performance. Vanilla can also calm stomach pains, relieve stress, and reduce hunger. Vanilla is also regarded as an aphrodisiac.
- Honey that has not been heated, pasteurized or processed is considered raw.
- High in: Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Niacin, Riboflavin, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Zinc.
- Raw honey is an alkaline-forming food that contains natural vitamins, enzymes, and powerful antioxidants. This functional food is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal. It promotes the growth of good bacteria in the intestines which leads to better digestive health, counters pollen allergies, and is an excellent remedy for all types of infections.
- Honey provides a ready supply of energy in the form of liver glycogen, making it ideal for energetic morning starts and pre- and post- exercise energy source.
+R/O (Reverse Osmosis) Alkaline Water
- Fresh water blue-green algae! Rich in iron, magnesium, Vitamin K, potassium, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, copper, manganese, and antioxidants.
- Spirulina encourages the growth of healthy bacterial flora in your gut, balances blood pressure, normalizes cholesterol, helps prevent strokes, and reduce cancer risk. It is good for healthy eyes and vision, and is an excellent protein substitute. This is especially important for vegetarians, and essential for healthy nerves and tissue!
+Sprouted seeds (hulled sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- Seeds that have been soaked in water to begin the germination process which activates the amount of enzymes, vitamins, minerals, proteins, and essential fatty acids.
- They contain a wide variety of nutrients including magnesium, manganese, copper, protein, zinc, phytosterols and antioxidants. Eating soaked seeds will improve digestion, and mineral + vitamin absorption.
- Other health benefits include increased circulation, proper bone and tooth formation, proper bowel function, improved blood pressure, immune system support, prostate health, insulin regulation, decreased hot flashes and headaches, and improved sleep patterns.
Naturally sweet herbal plant native to Paraguay used as a sweetener and medicinal herb for centuries. Stevia has many sterols and antioxidant compounds like triterpenes, flavonoids, and tannins. This non-caloric sweetener lacks the properties that sucrose and other sugars have. Studies show that some phytochemicals in Stevia can reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer. The Chlorgenic acid helps reduce blood sugar levels. Other benefits of stevia consumption can include increasing sodium excretion, help lowering blood pressure, assist in weight loss, and reduce inflammation.
Strawberries are native to North America and are a member of the rose family. They act as a natural blood sugar regulator, immunity booster (high levels of Vitamin C!), and promotes healthy vision. Strawberries are also known to reduce inflammation.
David Wolfe Foods™ brand Organic, Raw, Unfiltered, Superfood Cider Vinegar Concentrate. An unpasterized, concentrated blend of 100% organic goldenberry, papaya, apple, red banana, passion fruit, rose, and mango vinegars to bring you a vinegar unlike any you have ever tasted before! Beneifts include:
- Regulation of blood sugar and insulin function
- Healthy immune system function and digestion
- Weight loss and increased energy levels
- Detoxification practices of the liver and lymphatic system
- Healthy candida levels in the body
- Also known as curcumin and Indian saffron, this root has a distinctive golden color and slightly hot peppery flavor! Known for having incredible antioxidant power and anti-cancer effects, tumeric is a great source or manganese, Iron, Fiber, Vitamin B6 and Potassium.
- Improves ability to digest fats, ease the stomach, and assist skin conditions. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory which can significantly improve joint pain, and help treat inflammatory bowel disease. It can also help lower cholesterol, control heart rate and blood pressure.
- This root/supplement has been proven to improve liver function, and even prevent alzheimer’s disease, and inhibit cancer cell growth.
Also known as Saigon Cinnamon, an evergreen tree indigenous to Southeast Asia, this cinnamon contains the highest essential oil content of all the cinnamon species! It's a wonderful source of fiber, calcium, manganese, copper and amino acids. Cinnamon’s unique healing abilities include anti-clotting, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory. Cinnamon helps control blood sugar, boost brain function, encourage colon health, and protect against heart disease.
- Member of the cucumber and squash family, watermelon is rich in Vitamin C, A, B6, Potassium, Antioxidants (lycopene).
- The vitamins in watermelon help boost the immune system and eye health, helping to prevent such diseases as macular degeneration and cataracts. B vitamins help the body break down proteins, and one of the natural chemicals in watermelons converts in the body to maintain a good immune system, healthy heart, and works to remove toxicities from the body.
- Lycopene in watermelon is higher than that in even tomatoes, helping to reduce inflammation and neutralize harmful free radicals.
- Sounds like a lab experiment, but it's not. This naturally occuring sugar alcohol exists in many fruits and hardwoods. Organic, hardwood xylitol, is considered a much safer, and possibly beneficial, alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners! From the same category of carbohydrates as fiber and resistant starch, this little wonder packs a whopping zero calories because it is hardly digested or absorbed. Forget about those blood sugar spikes, cravings, and mood swings. Xylitol consumed in reasonable ammounts helps the body build up a tolerance needed to avoid GI distress, and it contributes to good bacteria in the digestive tract.